Wednesday, July 22, 2015

First Post / Intro

       My name is Anthony J. Pagley Jr. I live in Western Pennsylvania and have been fishing for everything I could since I was about eight years old. I began fly fishing at the age of 17. I am now 42 years old and have been building and fishing bamboo fly rods for the last eight years.




After letting other fly fishers test out my rods, I learned that people liked them and want them. So I started  putting them out there for sale. I decided to make a blog to keep a building and progress journal for anyone interested in My rods or bamboo fly rods in general. Maybe some fishing too.

I want to build rods for people to fish. Nothing over done or unnecessary.




Rod specs: Bamboo from Andy Royer
All rods are flamed and heat treated
 All rods are hand planed to final dimensions
Glue - UHU or Nyatex
I make all my own reel seat hardware
I also turn all reel seat timber
Wraps are vintage nylon tipped in fine silk
Snake Brand guides
REC Stripper Guides
Hariki Ferrules
Varnished




                                           
                                                                   
Thanks for looking. There will be much more to come. Please feel free to comment or contact me if interested in my rods.

No comments:

Post a Comment