Thursday, November 12, 2015

Progress

      The 6'3" Four weight is wrapped and has the first Two coats of varnish now. Here is a picture of the wrap color now. The Brown turned a nice chocolate color and it sets off the Orange nicely.


Wraps don't really look all that good at this stage. After Three more coats of varnish and a few dips later they will though.


Finished a few reel seats today and started planing out a 6' Three weight. This rod will have a standard 10/64th ferrule. You can see the strips in the background of the reel seat photo. Also you can see a vintage Hardy Princess fly reel. This dates to right around 1953. It is a rare one. Most of these reels that I have seen are usually bigger than the 3" size and an awful green color.



The reel seats from right to left are Koa, Koa, and Cuban Mahogany. I still have a Spanish Cedar and another Koa to finish up. When the hardware is complete I will post some photos of it.


6' Three weight strips at .050 over final dimensions.

I will also post some pictures of My 7'10" Four weight when wrapping is complete. This will be My own personal rod. You can never have enough fly rods!!!! 

Also I will put up some casting videos to show the action of the rods when completed.

Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment