Sunday, December 13, 2015

Casting the 6'3" Four Weight



    Here is a 6'3" Four Weight. It is the latest rod that I finished. The rod is based on a PHY Midge. This is a very nice small stream rod. I use it often and it will do just about anything you need it to within reason. Just a great snappy little Four Weight and My favorite rod in this size for small stream fishing.

Below is casting video We made up. I had no clue how to make a casting video or post it (took forever to figure out how to get it on here). My daughter had to help Me put this together and post it. Take it for what it is. Just a way to try and show the action of the rod. I build fly rods and make pasta. Not good with YouTube and blogs. I'm learning though. The line may be hard to see at some angles. It was a little windy with gusts now and then also.

I am casting this rod with a SA DT4. It also casted a TT4 very nicely. I have a short tight brush style leader on the line. Not really ideal for a casting demo. When watching the casting video make it full screen and in HD. It looks a little better and is easier to see.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment or ask questions.

Thanks,
Anthony










No comments:

Post a Comment